A buzz fills a packed Strathmore lecture theatre in Nairobi, Kenya tonight where 100 inspired Kenyans pitch ideas, question business models and form teams; 48 hours later 17 such ideas are prototypes and products ready for market and one of those ideas will get Ksh. 1,000,000 ($12,500) This is the beginning of IPO48. Organised in Kenya by HumanIPO, Garage48 and partners. We had previously covered the launch here.
The shortlisted startups include:
- M-Farm – Marketplace for Farmers
- My $hillings – Daily bargain deals in Nairobi (Facebook)
- Pamoja Shops – Marketplace for Handicraft Products
- Sakanya – Service for finding lost ID documents
- iSafiri – Destination Marketing, Inventory Management and Reservation System
- MySafari – Tourism Information and Search Portal
- Stoundi.com – Just Ask search for Kenya
- TaxiMatch – Virtual Taxi Ordering Service
- Pata-Cab – Find a closest Cab (GPS based)
- HizoNotes Mobile – Mobile access for sharing your school notes (Web)
- SportRoar – Twitter for Sports Events
- MapMa3 – Maping Matatu Routes
- Xeptus - Virtual market place with integrated business intelligence
- Jumla – Platform for people to find premier African content
- Developing Africa – HumanIPO for NGOs
- Xtreem Ad – Self-generated Classifieds for Individuals
- Tube Website Creator – Enabling premium content providers charge for their content
- Clinical Data Management – Medical Journal Software for Hospitals
Here’s the exclusive first video with the first of them.
Follow Afrinnovator on Twitter for the live tweets of the event & the winners.