Video Pitch of IPO48 Winner M-Farm
M-Farm, a mobile application targeted at farmers built by AkiraChix, a group of young, enthusiastic and innovative ladies.
The IPO48 event aimed at coming up with viable, fundable, tech businesses over a 48 hour period that took participants from ideation to (initial) execution of their ideas.
Imagine a farmer who…
- sells his/her produce to the international market through his mobile phone.
- gets real time price information and doesn’t have to deal with brokers
- gets weather alerts before mother nature decides to unleash it’s fury
- connects to the farmer next door to buy or sell together on large scale
- finds nearest farm stores with a click of a button
- finds help from farm experts
And a government that spends less on agricultural census